The Six Sermons of Unitarian Universalism is a fantastic course for adult lifespan faith development. Three sermons from the 19th century formed the bedrock theology of American Unitarianism. We will read and discuss these three as well as three sermons illustrative of contemporary 21st century Unitarian Universalism.
2. “The Divinity School Address” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “The Transient and the Permanent in Christianty” – Theodore Parker
The three sermons by Channing, Emerson and Parker can be found together in the book Three Prophets of Religious Liberalism, edited (and with commentary) by Conrad Wright.
4. “We Who Believe In Freedom Cannot Rest” by Gail R. Geisenhainer
Read: download PDF
5. “Life Calls Us On” by William G. Sinkford
6. In All Thy Getting, Get Understanding by Nancy McDonald Ladd
Watch (sermon begins at 1:11:50):